and in no particular order...
· blogging in attempt to avoid my bastard thesis (for this is the only way i refer to it these days)
· weaning myself off sugar in my coffee (a habit i took up again when i moved back to switzerland)
. about to go for a walk to try and blow my thesis blues away
· swooning over my gorgeous boyfriend (a daily occurrence of course)
· looking forward to skiing as a treat once i’ve finished two more chapters
· feeling proud of various members of my family
· waiting to sign a contract for a new job. i’m going to be a swiss resident again. so thrilled!
· uploading videos of my granny to flickr (that i’ve been taking over the past five years) to store them there and one day get around to editing them for the whole family
· finishing knitting projects for polly, wilfryd and bess
· planning knitting projects for raffaele and darcie
· designing business cards for figs and roses
· contrary to the above, wondering if i might abandon the whole figs and roses plan and just enjoy a year (or two) of knitting for friends and myself (i’ve never knitted anything for myself!) and learning more and more skills*
· feeling the closest i’ve ever felt to quitting my PhD. which i won’t. ever. i just wish i had never started one**
· collecting recipes and ideas on pinterest for my office packed lunches
these are two images i spotted on pinterest the other week (via as petals fall) to inspire me to push on through this hideous phase. the image at the top of this post is some post it notes i bought myself to cheer myself up through this stage too. i love them.
*i never intended figs and roses to make serious money (that would never work with the hours required to knit one single item but it would have covered the cost of materials of course. now i have a job which will mean i can afford to buy all the yarn i want (!!), i wonder whether i should just indulge in projects that take my fancy and get pleasure from giving them to friends. we shall see...
**i still believe that a masters does not *nearly* equip you with an idea of just how tough a thesis is to write. the first few years are fine, the data collection is wonderful. but the writing up stage? hell. on. earth.
this blog was inspired by bleubird vintage's post 'saturday'. what are you doing currently?